FITNESS FEVER - FITNESS ARTICLES
Five Ways to Fit Fitness Into Your Life
Everyone is pressed for time these days. It does not have to mean that
fitness can't be a part of your life. In as little as 10 minutes a day, you can
begin to make positive changes to your body.
People often have an all or nothing idea about exercise. They feel that if they can't fit in an hour of exercise that they will do nothing instead.
Successful exercisers make fitness an important part of their lives. Try scheduling your time to exercise like you would any other appointment.
If you are struggling to fit exercise into your day, try these fitness tips:
1. Tackle one body part per day and perform as many reps as it takes to reach failure. Or set a rep goal for yourself and do as many sets as it takes to reach your goal.
2. Exercise while you watch TV. (Don't just sit there, DO something.) Why not do some crunches, or leg extensions while watching the tube? How about some lunges? Anything yo can do in a gym sitting down, you can do at home sitting down in front of the tube.
3. Superset your workouts. Put two exercises together and perform them one after another with no rest in between. You can either do a mixed superset of an upper and lower move combined, or you can choose two opposing muscle groups like chest and back.
4. Combine 2 moves into 1. Any time you perform a lower body exercise and your arms are not involved you miss out on a time-saving opportunity.
Try performing a lunge with a curl, or lateral raise. Or a squat with on overhead press.
You could create an entire workout around this concept and divide up your body parts and exercises so that you keeps things fresh.
5. Circuit training. Select a number of exercises for your entire body and perform them as a circuit with little or no rest in between. Repeat as time allows for 2-3 circuits.
People will always find excuses to not exercise. These tips show you how to fit exercise into the busiest of schedules and get the benefits of regular exercise.
It's not about finding the time to exercise, it's about MAKING the time to exercise. No matter how busy you are. It's always better to do something than nothing.
The information contained in this article is strictly for informational purposes and is not intended to provide medical advice. If you are sedentary or over 40 please get clearance from a doctor before starting an exercise program.
You have permission to publish this article electronically, without changes of any kind, free of charge, as long as the bylines are included, and remain working hyperlinks. Please send a copy of the URL where you have posted this article.
About the Author:
Rick DeToma is a fitness coach, and trainer who specializes in home workouts. Contact Rick for a no obligation telephone fitness assessment at: http://www.tailored-fitness-home-workouts.com/contact.html
Get more tips like these by subscribing to Tailored Fitness News http://www.tailored-fitness-home-workouts.com/newsletter.html
How to Maximize Your Fitness Results
Fitness Wars: Revenge of the Girth
Top 10 Fitness Mistakes